Monday, June 29, 2009

Facebook

I have been using Facebook since August 2008. I love being able to read about all the adventures of my friends and family. It has great tools on it to keep track of birthdays, books, movies, pictures, and events. This is my primary method of communicate with my little brother while he is stationed in Japan. He's not a big talker and neither I am so a few chats with on FB is a terrific way of keeping touch.

My library has its own FB page. It's a great way of promoting library programs and services. It would be even better if more people fanned us.

At first FB is overwhelming and I didn't quite understand the attraction, but now after using it for almost a year I find it to be a great resource.

I just got Internet service on my cell phone, so I could access my email and FB accounts, but have found that I prefer the computer screen size much better than the limited screen of my cell.

Even my Mom is on FB, which is really great, however she's pretty hip with technology, so I wasn't really surprised when she joined.

1 comment:

  1. Our Library Teen group wants to start a Facebook page. The city is a little wary about social networking, so we have to come up with policies first.
    I personally just joined FB a month or so ago--don't go on it all the time, but it's fun!

    ReplyDelete