Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing 10: Ning

I like the design of Ning it has a very newsprint feel to it. This site may come in handy as I further my library career. However since I have so many contacts on FB, I think I'll just stick to one social network.
I checked out the National Association of Female Professionals, since I consider myself on the way to becoming one. Not only does this association have a group for all professionals it also has sub groups like Women in Federal Government and Women in Education to name a couple.

I also checked There-U-Go World Travel Experience which has really cool music to it. Someone had travelled to Andorra and posted pics of it, While the pics were not of professional quality they were still wonderful to view. Andorra is on my wish list of European places to visit.

I also saw that Ning was being used like our blogpress to host several library's 2.0 learning programs like ours.

So what Ning did customers really isn't cool, it is a business and it must make revenue to keep running. I really liked that there not many adds on the sites that I looked, so paying for the platform not to have adds makes sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment