Monday, August 31, 2009

Thing 20

YouTube is a great tool for finding information on how to repair sinks and many other repairs, a great laugh such as the SNL United Way skit with Peyton Manning. The Peyton Manning skit was my first introduction to YouTube.

So library related youtube videos:
Are a great method of informing patrons, students, or anyone whose wondering how to use the library system from finding books to how to use the databases. Another coworker and I would like to create videos like these for our patrons, but I do not have the time. I would love to work in a library system that would allow me the opportunity and the resources needed to create a quality product.

I looked up American Library Association and found some videos about conferences and contests.
Last year I found a clip about using bibliotherapy on YouTube and forgot that it was not a reliable resource and used it in a bibliography I was making. Needless to say my points were a little off.

YouTube can be a great source of entertainment, but it can also be a good source of information as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment